New Orleans Friends of Music
Emerging Ensemble Division
The New Orleans Friends of Music Emerging Ensemble Division inspires and motivates through goal-oriented performance and learning opportunities. This division encourages Emerging Ensembles to serve as leaders, inspiring younger ensembles through confidence, camaraderie and ambition. Ensembles receive guidance and perspective on professionalism, specific feedback addressing technique and interpretation, and industry specific tools to reach their goals. Young professional musicians embarking on a chamber music career from across the country come together, motivating each other, and immersing themselves in New Orleans’ thriving chamber music community.
- The Emerging Ensemble Division includes groups whose members are post-graduates not currently enrolled in a university or conservatory program, actively pursuing and/or maintaining a career in music, and are all 40 years of age or younger by February 25, 2022.
- Each entering chamber ensemble should consist of 2 – 6 performers.
- The Emerging Ensemble Division is open to any ensemble currently residing in the United States.
DEADLINES + FEES
Friday, December 3, 2021 early bird registration ends at 11:59 PM
$150 per ensemble
Friday, February 25, 2022 registration ends at 11:59 PM
$300 per ensemble
All registration fees are nonrefundable. Please email us with any questions or concerns regarding the registration fee. NOLA Chamber Fest will do its best to assist you with any concerns regarding financial needs.
PRIZES (per ensemble)
- 1st Prize
- $1,700 cash
- Meeting with an agent
- 2nd prize $800 cash
INCLUDED WITH YOUR REGISTRATION FEE:
- Free access to the online International Masterclass with Catalyst Quartet on March 25, 2022.
- Free access to the Opening Performance of Catalyst Quartet on March 25, 2022.
- Free access to the Winners Masterclass with Musicians from Marlboro on March 27, 2022.
- Free access to the Festival Finale performance of Musicians from Marlboro on March 28, 2022.
- Results will be announced March 18, 2022 via email, social media, and the NCF website.
- Comment sheets will be provided within six weeks of the festival.