Drs. Ranney and Emel Songu Mize Graduate Division
The Ranney and Emel Songu Mize Graduate Division inspires, motivates and educates through goal-oriented performance and learning opportunities, offering motivated ensembles technical and interpretive guidance, perspective on professionalism, and the necessary steps to reach their goals. This division encourages Graduate Ensembles to serve as leaders, inspiring younger ensembles through confidence, camaraderie and ambition. Students from across the country come together, motivating each other, and immersing themselves in New Orleans’ thriving chamber music community.
- Graduate Division ensembles include groups whose members are enrolled in a graduate program (i.e. master’s degree, artist diploma, doctorate).
- Division determination is based on the highest degree in the ensemble. For example, if three members of a quartet are enrolled in a graduate program and the fourth member has graduated and is playing professionally, your ensemble should enter in the Emerging Ensemble division.
- The Graduate Division is open to any ensemble enrolled in a United States music program during the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Ensembles entering in the Graduate Division may not have a faculty or staff member as part of their ensemble.
- Each entering chamber ensemble should consist of 2 – 6 performers. If you have any questions about your ensemble’s eligibility, please do not hesitate to contact NCF Director Benjamin Atherholt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DEADLINES + FEES
Friday, December 3, 2021 early bird registration ends at 11:59 PM
$125 per ensemble
Friday, February 25, 2022 registration ends at 11:59 PM
$250 per ensemble
All registration fees are nonrefundable. Please email us with any questions or concerns regarding the registration fee. NOLA Chamber Fest will do its best to assist you with any concerns regarding financial needs.
PRIZES (per ensemble)
- 1st prize
- $950 cash
- Perform in the Winners Masterclass Sunday, March 27, 2022. The winning ensemble will be able to participate remotely or in person for this hybrid masterclass.
- 2nd prize $850 cash
- 3rd prize $700 cash
INCLUDED WITH YOUR REGISTRATION FEE:
- Free access to the online International Masterclass with Catalyst Quartet on March 25, 2022.
- Free access to the Opening Performance on March 25, 2022.
- Free access to the Winners Masterclass with Musicians from Marlboro on March 27, 2022.
- Free access to the Festival Finale performance of Musicians from Marlboro on March 28, 2022.
- Results will be announced March 18, 2022 via email, social media, and the NCF website.
- Comment sheets will be provided within six weeks of the festival.