Barbara Philleo High School Division
The Barbara Philleo High School Division inspires and motivates through goal-oriented performance and learning opportunities for high school students, offering young musicians guidance and perspective on performing with others, introducing them to the world of chamber music, providing opportunities to hear concerts by professional ensembles, and encouraging them to continue to express their own unique voices through music and collaboration.
- The High School Division includes groups whose members are current high school students, or a combination of middle and high school students.
- Division determination is made based on the oldest age of any member in each ensemble. For example, if three members of a quartet are in high school grade and the other member is enrolled in an undergraduate program, they should enter in the College division.
- Each entering chamber ensemble should consist of 2 – 8 performers.
- Musicians who currently reside in Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Florida and Texas are eligible to apply.
DEADLINES + FEES
- Friday, November 13, 2020SUPER early-bird registration deadline
$30 per person
- Friday, February 5, 2021Early-bird registration deadline
$40 per person
- Friday, February 19, 2021LAST CALL registration deadline
$55 per person
Each individual musician is required to submit a registration and pay only one full registration fee. If a participant is entering in multiple ensembles (up to 3), they should submit an additional $10 fee for each additional group. There will be an opportunity to identify the participant’s additional ensembles on their registration form.
Each registration fee covers 1/3 of the cost of programming for each participant. The other 2/3 of the fees are waived to make our festival more affordable. These heavy subsidies are made possible through generous donations. Donations of all sizes are welcome. If you are unable to make a donation, please consider volunteering. Encourage family, friends and employers to show their support by attending concerts and events, and/or making a donation. Donations can be made by check, cash, or online with a credit/debit card.
Please email us with any questions or concerns regarding the registration fee. NOLA Chamber Fest will do its best to assist you with any concerns regarding financial needs.
A non-refundable registration fee for each participant must be included with the registration form. To register and pay online, click the register button and fill out the online registration form via Active. All registrations must be completed online, however, payments can also be made via check. To mail your registration fee please make checks payable to Lyrica Baroque and mail to:
NOLA Chamber Fest
℅ Lyrica Baroque
P.O. Box 750524
New Orleans, LA 70175
All ensembles are required to submit a digital copy or scan of the score for the ensemble’s selected repertoire. If no score is available, individual parts will be accepted.
Upon submitting your ensemble’s registration, you will be directed to a site where you can upload the required supplementary materials. Please upload scores in PDF format.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding submission of materials.
PRIZES (per ensemble)
- $400 cash 1st prize
- $250 cash 2nd prize
- $150 cash 3rd prize.
- 1st prize will perform in the Interface Masterclass with Aizuri Quartet on Sunday, March 21, 2021.
- 1st prize will perform in the Winners Showcase on Monday, March 22, 2021, and will be notified no later than Sunday, March 21, 2021 at 9:00 AM.
Included with your registration fee:
- Free admission to the Catalyst Quartet performance on UNO’s Musical Excursions series.
- Free admission to the Aizuri Quartet performance on the Friends of Music series.
- Detailed comment sheets from each of the Guest Artist Judges.
- A digital video of your performance via email.
- Perform in the Judges’ Masterclasses on Saturday, March 20, 2021, led by our Guest Artist Judges. Participation in the Judges’ Masterclasses is open to all registered ensembles, regardless of preliminary round results. Space may be limited depending on the number of applicants. More information, including masterclass schedules, will be sent via email.
- Results of the live competition will be announced via email no later than Sunday, March 21, 2021 at 9:00 AM.
- Ensembles performing in the Interface Masterclass and Winners Showcase will be notified no later than March 21, 2021 at 9:00 AM.
- Comment sheets and video footage will be provided within six weeks of the festival.
*We will be monitoring COVID-19 closely. Any changes to our in-person festival will be communicated through email, social media and posted on our website. Ensembles are expected to participate in as many festival events as possible.