Barbara Philleo High School Division
The Barbara Philleo High School Division inspires and motivates through goal-oriented performance and learning opportunities for high school students, offering young musicians guidance and perspective on performing with others, introducing them to the world of chamber music, providing opportunities to hear concerts by professional ensembles, and encouraging them to continue to express their own unique voices through music and collaboration.
- High School Division ensembles consist of students who are in 9th-12th grade during the 2021-2022 academic school year.
- Division determination is based on the highest grade level in the ensemble. For example, if three members of a quartet are in 9th-12th grade and the fourth member is enrolled in an undergraduate program, your ensemble should enter in the College Division.
- Each entering chamber ensemble should consist of 2 – 6 performers.
- Musicians who currently reside in Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, and Florida are eligible to apply.
DEADLINES + FEES
Friday, December 3, 2021 early bird registration ends at 11:59 PM
$100 per ensemble
Friday, February 25, 2022 registration ends at 11:59 PM
$200 per ensemble
All registration fees are nonrefundable. Please email us with any questions or concerns regarding the registration fee. NOLA Chamber Fest will do its best to assist you with any concerns regarding financial needs.
PRIZES (per ensemble)
- 1st Prize
- $500 cash
- Winners Masterclass Performance Sunday, March 27, 2022. The winning ensemble will be able to participate remotely or in person for this hybrid masterclass.
- 2nd prize $400 cash
- 3rd prize $300 cash
- 2 Honorable Mention Awards
- $200 cash each
INCLUDED WITH YOUR REGISTRATION FEE:
- Free access to the online International Masterclass with Catalyst Quartet on March 25, 2022.
- Free access to the Opening Performance of Catalyst Quartet on March 25, 2022.
- Free access to the Winners Masterclass with Musicians from Marlboro on March 27, 2022.
- Free access to the Festival Finale performance of Musicians from Marlboro on March 28, 2022.
- Results will be announced March 18, 2022 via email, social media, and the NCF website.
- Comment sheets will be provided within six weeks of the festival.