Barbara Philleo High School Division
The Barbara Philleo High School Division inspires and motivates through goal-oriented performance and learning opportunities for high school students, offering young musicians guidance and perspective on performing with others, introducing them to the world of chamber music, providing opportunities to hear concerts by professional ensembles, and encouraging them to continue to express their own unique voices through music and collaboration.
All High School Division participants are required to submit a video recording for NCF’s 2021 festival.
Video recordings must be submitted with the ensemble’s registration.
- The High School Division includes groups whose members are current high school students, or a combination of middle and high school students.
- Division determination is made based on the oldest age of any member in each ensemble. For example, if three members of a quartet are in high school grade and the other member is enrolled in an undergraduate program, they should enter in the College division.
- Each entering chamber ensemble should consist of 2 – 8 performers.
- Musicians who currently reside in Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Florida and Texas are eligible to apply.
DEADLINES + FEES
- Friday, November 13, 2020SUPER early-bird registration deadline
$30 per person
- Friday, February 5, 2021Early-bird registration deadline
$40 per person
- Friday, February 19, 2021LAST CALL registration deadline
$55 per person
Each individual musician is required to submit a registration and pay only one full registration fee. If a participant is entering in multiple ensembles (up to 3), they should submit an additional $10 fee for each additional group. There will be an opportunity to identify the participant’s additional ensembles on their registration form.
Each registration fee covers 1/3 of the cost of programming for each participant. The other 2/3 of the fees are waived to make our festival more affordable. These heavy subsidies are made possible through generous donations. Donations of all sizes are welcome. If you are unable to make a donation, please consider volunteering. Encourage family, friends and employers to show their support by attending concerts and events, and/or making a donation. Donations can be made by check, cash, or online with a credit/debit card.
Please email us with any questions or concerns regarding the registration fee. NOLA Chamber Fest will do its best to assist you with any concerns regarding financial needs.
A non-refundable registration fee for each participant must be included with the registration form. To register and pay online, click the register button and fill out the online registration form via Active.
VIDEO AND SCORE SUBMISSION
Upon submitting your group’s registration, please have one member of your group email the following two items to email@example.com:
- Link(s) to a private YouTube video of your performance. If possible, please provide a separate link for each piece.
- A digital copy or scanned score of your competition repertoire in PDF form. If no full score is available, please send copies of each part.
For information and tips on recording your video, please visit our Resources page. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding repertoire requirements, or submission of materials.
PRIZES (per ensemble)
Cash prizes will be mailed to winning ensembles.
- $400 cash 1st prize
- $250 cash 2nd prize
- $150 cash 3rd prize.
- 1st prize will perform in the Interface Masterclass with Aizuri Quartet on Sunday, March 21, 2021.
- 1st prize will perform in the Winners Showcase. The Winners Showcase has been postponed to a later date.
Included with your registration fee:
- Free access to the virtual Catalyst Quartet performance on UNO’s Musical Excursions series.
- Free access to the virtual Aizuri Quartet performance on the Friends of Music series.
- Detailed comment sheets from each of the Guest Artist Judges.
- Perform in the Judges’ Masterclasses on Saturday, March 20, 2021, led by our Guest Artist Judges. Participation in the Judges’ Masterclasses is open to all registered ensembles, regardless of preliminary round results. Space may be limited depending on the number of applicants. More information, including masterclass schedules, will be sent via email.
- Results will be announced March 15, 2021 via email, social media, and the NCF website.
- Comment sheets will be provided within six weeks of the festival.
*Now that NCF 2021 is virtual, ensembles are expected to participate in as many festival events as possible.